Philatelic Society of Lancaster County
The James Buchanan Chapter #173 of the American Philatelic Society
Chapter 118 of the American Topical Association
Welcome – Enjoy your Visit!
The Philatelic Society of Lancaster County (PSLC) is an award-winning, non-profit community organization dedicated to promoting stamp collecting as a hobby for education and fun, from the teenager to adult, from the beginner to postal historian, serving members from Lancaster, Lebanon, Reading, York, Harrisburg, Hershey and beyond. For Membership Benefits, click HERE.
2018 PSLC PROGRAMS & REGIONAL SHOWS
- January 17: LANCOPEX Preparation & Board Meeting at Bluebird Commons, 7:00 pm, Open to all Club Members – Volunteers Requested!
- January 19-20, YORCOPEX, The York County Stamp Show, Free Admission, York Expo Center, Horticulture Hall, 334 Carlisle Road, York, PA 17404, Sponsored by the White Rose Philatelic Society of York
- February 14: The 1943 Overrun Countries Series Under a Printer’s Loupe – Part I, by Hal Klein; and Philately 101: The Safe Removal of Non-soak-able Stamps from Paper, Dr. Paul Petersen, Host
- February 18: Some Sunday Stamp Show, Farm & Home Center, Lancaster, Kevin Kellman, Host
- March 14: A Philatelic Journey, by Scott English
- April 11: How We Now Judge Exhibits with Points in North America, by Bill Schultz
- April 21: DELPEX Stamp Show & Bourse, 198 S. Dupont Hwy, New Castle DETAILS
- April 27-28: LANCOPEX Stamp Show and Exhibition, Farm & Home Center, Lancaster DETAILS
- May 9: State Symbols of PA on Stamps, by Vera Felts
- June 8-10: NAPEX A World Series Philately Event, DETAILS
- June 13: Spring Auction, Dick Shaefer, Host
- June 23-24: SCOPEX Exhibition, American Philatelic Center, 100 Match Factory Place, Bellefonte, Contact Don Heller
- June 24: Some Sunday Stamp Show, Farm & Home Center, Lancaster, Kevin Kellman, Host
- July 11: History of Schuykill Canal on PPCs, by Aaron Heckler
- August 8: Summer Picnic
- August 19: Some Sunday Stamp Show, Farm & Home Center, Lancaster, Kevin Kellman, Host
- September 12: Fall Auction
- October 10: Stampless Mail from U.S. to Europe, by Dr. Charles J. DiComo
- October 14: Some Sunday Stamp Show, Farm & Home Center, Lancaster, Kevin Kellman, Host
- November 14: Annual Meeting, Open House & Exhibition
- December 12: December Dinner
- December 16: Some Sunday Stamp Show, Farm & Home Center, Lancaster, Kevin Kellman, Host
Philatelic Lecture Series by Chester County Historical Society
We are pleased to promote the Chester County Historical Society’s Philatelic Lecture Series to be held on Saturday’s from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM at 225 N. High Street, West Chester, PA 19380 from now through 14 April, 2018.
Admission is free for all lecture attendees and all lectures are underwritten by generous donations from the philatelic community. For speakers and topics, please see the CCHS Lecture Series Handout. We hope to see you there!
Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club (RSCC) 2018 Program
We are pleased to promote the Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club 2018 Program of Lectures, Auctions and other events. The Club meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Berkshire Commons, 5485 Perkiomen Avenue (Route 422), Reading PA. For more information, please contact Mike Bach. Please click here for the Reading Stamp Collectors’ Club 2018 Program. We hope to see you there!
2019 PSLC PROGRAMS
It is never too late to start planning ahead, speakers needed, contact Paul at email@example.com
- January 9: Winter Auction
- February 13: TBA
- March 13: TBA
- April 10: TBA
- May 8: TBA
- June 12: Spring Auction
- July 10: TBA
- August 14: Summer Picnic
- September 11: Fall Auction
- October 9: TBA
- November 13: Annual Meeting, Open House & Exhibition
- December 11: December Dinner
Bluebird Commons in Woodcrest Villa, 2001 Harrisburg Ave., Lancaster, PA 17601 (Directions to Bluebird Commons at bottom of page)
- The Society meets monthly on the 2nd Wednesday (except August).
- Doors Open at 6:30 PM. Visitors Welcome!
- Come Early to Share, Buy, Sell, and/or Trade.
- Contact Paul Petersen at (717) 299-5640 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
DIRECTIONS TO BLUEBIRD COMMONS
Enter Woodcrest Villa on Harrisburg Ave directly across from the Penn Medicine-Lancaster General Health Pavillion. Drive 70 yards until you reach a “T” intersection and a “Welcome” sign to Woodcrest Villa. Turn right and proceed for another 70 yards and make your first left. Go five yards and make the first right into the parking lot. Park here in a “Vistors” space, not a “Resident” space. The entrance to BlueBird Commons is on the left, at the end of the building at the bottom of the hill. Should this lot be filled, you may park in any space in the lot across the street from Bluebird Commons. If you have any questions after parking, you may inquire at the meeting if you are correctly parked.